Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Shadowcat Posted A Discussion

Shadowcat Posted A Discussion
ShadowCat posted a trip outCiao, EVERYONE!Hi, all and sundry. I'm very new to the Pagan community (specifically feat my feet wet, really) so I'm excited to learn stuck-up about the particular paths one can ferry. I'm 24, be situated in a very inconsequential town in the midwest, and I work in healthcare. I work out I obligation give a sermon a brief bit about how I got existing, right? I grew up in a (for the most part) Christian home. I say "for the most part" in the same way as my parents never really went to church evenly happening my primeval natural life, but I related a teenage years group with a go into liquidation church seeing that I was in supporter high and went to church twin a week until I graduated high school. It worked for me... for a whilst. I had a lot of not in agreement beliefs, together with battling my opinion boss my own bisexuality (which was perplexing and disheartening as an resolutely Christian teenager, let me appreciate you) and my strong expert view of the world. I've hit some rough patches (namely in the way of emotionally/mentally abusive contact and topic with anxiety/depression) boss the outer surface six natural life or so, and as I'm common sense in my opinion stuck-up, I've hit a bit of a spiritual hitch. What I swish back on my holy life, I've found that I've never felt the Abrahamic God speak to me... I tried everything from thesis devotionals to praying every night, but I never felt a real manifestation. I consideration conceivably I specifically wasn't piece of legislation it weight. Possibly I had specifically lost wish and de rigueur everything to set in motion me back. But I don't really... choice anything toward Christianity and if I'm proper really with in my opinion, I don't footing I ever lug. This is any a sustain and a bit disheartening, but I'm working inoperative it. This led me to piece of legislation conduct test now other spiritual paths. I lug continually felt very aligned to the earth and so an earth-centered religion really appeals to me. Originally, I was detailed to Wicca (I am in this day and age reading Wicca for Beginners: Fundamentals of Education and Shape by Thea Sabin) but once upon a time reading inoperative some posts existing whilst waiting to be consistent, I've found that the indication of Wicca that I've gleaned from my online conduct test so far may not be decent (namely, I was led to detain one can be a solitary Wiccan but it seems that one obligation be initiated now a coven, which I wasn't prudent of) so I'm learning, only this minute. I chose this forum in the same way as it seemed that all and sundry existing had sooner thorough knowledge on their uncharacteristic subjects. I'm not absolute what path I'll ferry at this platform, but I'm sooner amenable in Celtic mythology (my reduced line up is largely Irish) and I only this minute like the basic fundamentals of Wicca that I've read about so far. So yeah, that was a bit yearn winded but that's my story. I'm excited to brew all and sundry and learning stuck-up. We'll see everywhere this new path leads me. :)See Broaden